a message from our
At the City of Refuge, you’ll be welcomed into a friendly, loving, acceptable, casual environment by people who are excited to see you. We want you to have an idea of what to expect when you arrive at the City of Refuge. Our congregation is a generationally blended and multiracial congregation who accepts everyone. All you have to do from here is come as you are and find out more for yourself!
Given the diversity of our congregation each Sunday offers the enjoyment of both traditional and contemporary worship expressions that will help worshippers of all ages and races worship the Lord in a way that is encouraging and edifying to ALL. Our pastoral staff encourages you the members and perspective visitors to visit our website to take a moment and explore our different Sunday services. We look forward to seeing you at “The City of Refuge” soon! Don’t miss your blessing.
Compelled by the Cross!
Dr. T. La Mont Holder, Senior Pastor/Teacher
At our SNL-Saturday Night Live Worship Service, you can expect:
• The Saturday Night service last 75 minutes.
• Thought-provoking and engaging messages based on the Bible.
• Expository teaching/preaching from Senior Pastor Dr. T. La Mont Holder or a City of Refuge staff pastor.
• High-energy worship music with traditional and contemporary mix.
• A come as you are atmosphere.
Find your personal next step including:
• A place to belong. MinistryGroups are the people you can grow, laugh, and serve with. We have groups for men, women, couples, students, seniors and more!
• A chance to make a difference. God created you with gifts and skills that you can use to change lives inyour community and the world. Serve at The City of Refuge or connect with one of our Missions partners to get started.
• A way to grow. We want to equip you with the tools to develop as a fully devoted follower of Christ. Asan individual, family, or part of a MinistryGroup, you can find tools for growth here.
Your family will enjoy:
• A place just for kids. Each Wednesday KingdomKids, 4th through 12th graders, learn the truth about who God is and who they are because of Him through age-specific lessons, small groups, and trusted adult leadership.
• A smooth transition. The LEAP features discussion, and relevant teaching so 4th – 8th graders can grow in their knowledge of Christ.
• A night just for teens. KingdomKids meets on Wednesdays from 6:15PM-7:15PM, for students 9th through 12th grade. Loaded with relevant teaching and interactive activities, it addresses real issues teens face each day.
• Ministries that meet all demographics where they are.
Your whole family is invited.
We’re one church with multiple worship opportunities. Moms, dads, grandparents and kids of all ages can find something to love about the City of Refuge. Come and CONNECT as we L.I.F.T.-Live In Faith TOGETHER!